Sunday, July 8, 2012
Clean Out the Fridge Quiche
1 TBS Olive Oil
1 tsp. butter
2 green onions
4 oz white mushrooms
salt and pepper
2 orange mini bell peppers
1/2 cup bacon bits
1 TBS Pesto
1 cup Oscar Meyer grilled chicken strips
1/2 cup broccoli leftover from beef stir fry
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. We were out of cooking spray so I brushed the olive oil on the inside of the pie plate to make sure there wasn't any stickage.
3. I then put the butter in a small skillet on medium heat to melt. Then added the onions for about 4 minutes. Next I added the green onions, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and bell peppers. They cooked until the mushrooms were a golden brown. Add more butter if needed.
4. While the veggies were sautéing I beat the eggs, bacon bits, pesto, chicken strips, broccoli, and and both cheeses into a mixing bowl and combined.
5. When the veggies are cooked and somewhat cooled add them to the egg mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into the pie dish. (no crust needed)
7. Cook for about 25 mins or until eggs are set up and the internal temp is 160.
8. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
9 Enjoy with an afternoon glass of white wine of your choice.
*if we were in school and there were any leftovers this would be perfect to include in our bento box :)
at 2:00 PM