Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Edit Me Challenge #6"

After

Here are my two favorite band-o's posing for me to take their picture together.  They both love, love, love marching band.  Both play the Mellophone which is like a marching French Horn.   As for editing I first did my standard sharpen and levels adjustment.  I then cropped the picture in so there wasn't as much room on the top.  Next I cloned in some grass on the bare spots at the top of the hill we were sitting on.  I then ran the action perfect portrait 3, and decided which options I liked/disliked from the list.  I hope we have a great marching season this year.

Before


9 comments:

  1. Such an improvement- what is perfect portrait 3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect portrait 3 is a free action from, I think, The coffeeshop blog. It contains useful things such as eye brighten, eye define, and smooth skin. They have lots of cool actions for photoshop, and elements. Hope that helps and thanks for the compliment. (^-^)

      Delete
  2. Great edit! I am playing along as well if you would like to stop by, I would love to have you! http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2012/08/edit-me-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so happy to be able to take my own photo this year and make it exactly what I wanted it to be.

      Delete
  4. congratulations! you edit enhanced the photo so well! Go band!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I myself am a former band-o so any chance I get to promote marching, or just music in general I try to.

      Delete
  5. hey! way to go! I just saw that your photo is also featured on mcp's photo challenge!
    p.s. love music, too! It's too hard to march with a piano, so I haven't done that... my kids have all played instruments through the years. it's a joy!

    ReplyDelete