Thursday, April 12, 2012

P52- "Sacrifice"


Sacrifice.  What better exemplifies sacrifice then Jesus, and of course Easter.  This Crucifix is special to me because it belonged to my Grandmother who passed away in the late 80's.  It was recently given to me after my Grandfather's funeral earlier this year.  The crucifix is very pretty it is made of wood and inlaid with a gold colored metal.  Jesus is made with the same metal and is very detailed.  I wanted to highlight the nail in his hand so I made that my focus. Which picture do you like better?

5 comments:

  1. love the angle of the first shot.
    http://www.saltandsparkle.com/home/2012/4/13/what-chess-teaches-us-about-sacrifice.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the detail of the first one but also the shadow of the second one is nice. I love the story behind that crucifix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful. I like the angle and detail of the first shot. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first shot. My photo has the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the shadow in the second shot and the details in the first shot. :)

    ReplyDelete