Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Edit Me Challenge- 10-03"


After
This picture started out beautiful so it was hard to decide what to do to it.  My first thought was to really make the picture vibrant and what I would see when I close my eyes, but as I looked at the photo it made me think of a book I read recently called Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer Holm.  The book is set during the Great Depression in Key West, Fl.  Several things happen throughout the story but near the end the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935 sweeps through the Keys.  Many other things happen during the course of the story, which includes pirates, but I don't want to give anything away : )  This picture shows what I think the newspapers of the time would have published in the newspaper around the country.
Cover: Amazon.com
Before

4 comments:

  1. It really does look like an old time news photo! Great job! Thank you for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. Marvellous remove of the canoo

    my contribution
    http://www.starone.dk/b8/?p=91

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Edit.. I really love the new change to the phot.. Very classy and beautiful.. I'd LOVE for you to share via my Finagle A Foto Series happening today if you have a moment.. Newest HAPPY follower here.. Wishing you a beautiful evening.. xo.. http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com/2012/10/finagle-foto-36-bow-series.html

    ReplyDelete