Monday, February 20, 2012

My First Bento!

My Wonderful husband was on business in Japan this past week.  He asked me what souvenir I would like for him to bring home for me.  Of course I answered quickly I want a Bento!!  Not only did I get a a beautiful bento but I also got a nice pair of hashi and a carrying case.  Since I got such a pretty set I had to try my hand at making a bento lunch.  Here is my first try... I made California Rolls and packed in cherry tomatoes, avocado, broccoli and asparagus, I drizzled a bit of soy sauce on my rolls as well.  On my second insert I have a pretty heart shaped toothpick with colby-jack cheese cubes, a cup of peanuts, and finally a small slice of chocolate apple bread.  WOW, I've never eaten this well at lunch time, usually I just eat a plain old bowl of cereal.  My hope is that my bento will help me eat more fruits and veggies for lunch.  Thank you to my husband and the wonderful business men who were nice enough to help him go out into a department store to get me an unconventional tourist gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment